Saturday, July 11, 2009

Vacation Bible Camp

The girls were able to attend a vacation bible camp this year. Some church group from Florida travels around and puts these on for kids. They happened to do it at the park that is right out of my back gate, two hours a day for four days.

Mary and Sara had a great time, they had a few cousins and a couple of friends from the neighborhood there with them. Everyday they sang songs and did crafts and played games and had a snack. The people who did it, put it all together for free, which was awesome! I was able to keep an eye on them the whole time, or I probably wouldn't have let them go hang out with strangers for a couple of hours.

With the daycare, the girls don't have a lot of social opportunities outside the home, or without their mother, so I think this was a great way for them to work on some of their social skills (and if they take after me and Ben in that regard, they need all the help they can get).
I took some pictures of them from my back porch. You can't see them in the pictures very well, but Mary is wearing a red shirt and Sara is wearing a pink shirt, and they both have blue skirts.

And this is at the end of the week. They ended up with a sword, shield and crown. Aren't they so cute?

1 comment:

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

So fun! Mary and Sara look so proud of their crafts :)